The BLUES project aims to improve the skills and competences to professionals who are working in the field of blue economy. It aims at training a new generation of students, scientists, professionals, technicians and entrepreneurs to equip them with the right skills for the needs of the labour market and the industry. The aim of the One Stop Shop Portal is to develop a common area with concrete actions to facilitate communication and offer country specific information on new skills and competences in Blue Economy, new career demand trends, training opportunities . It also aims to:
- Improve professionals income;
- Improve the position of the target group in the labour market;
- Strengthening of occupational/ career profiles of job seekers and young professionals;
- Fostering longer– lasting employment in the blue economy industry and sector;
- Increase market opportunities;
- Increase investment with direct economic and employment effects which allows maritime and coastal tourism businesses to modernize their offer, upgrade their facilities and reduce energy costs, with increased opportunities for employment and profitability for the businesses involved;
- Increase satisfaction of tourists resulting in additional tourists flows within those parts of the business which have been upgraded as a result of skills development initiatives.
- promote understanding of cultural backgrounds and reflection in order to increase tolerance and to reduce prejudices and xenophobia.